One of the most famous and one of the best poker games is known as Texas Hold’em. Texas Hold’em is a poker game that can be played with as few as two players and a maximum of ten players. Texas Hold’em is a poker game known by many American players as well as many players around the world. It is a fast game that can be over in no time. During the World Poker Tour, Texas Hold’em is the main game that is used. Holdem is very popular among casino games online.
Texas Hold’em originated in Texas, although this can’t be 100% proved. During the 1900’s the game was played by players in Texas and this is when the game first took off. The game spread around America when a few Texas players went to Las Vegas in the early 1900’s and it has being one of the most well known games around the world since then.
Texas Hold’em has four betting rounds during the game. Each player is given two cards which are facing the table, so other players can’t see which card you get. Five cards are then put into the middle of the table facing up, so that everyone can see them. The winner is the player who has the highest hand at the end, and they win the main pot.
- Each player must put in a bet at the beginning of the game to be able to start the main game; this is known as an ante.
- Each player is given two private cards at the beginning faced down towards the table.
- The player who is left of the biggest ante, third to the dealer starts the first round of betting. During this first round players can call, raise or fold.
- After the first round of betting the dealer places three cards into the middle of the table facing up and the second round of betting begins. This round of betting is known as the ‘flop’.
- After the second round of betting the fourth card is placed into the middle. Again the next round of betting starts: the third round. This round is known as the ‘turn’. Bets are doubled in this round from the previous ones.
- The last card, the fifth one is placed in the middle after the third round. The last round then begins and this is known as the ‘River’.
- After all five rounds of betting have taken place, the players show their cards and the player with the highest hand wins the entire hand. If players have identical cards then the pot is split up accordingly.